• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new dime album, not what I expected

11 posts in this topic

Well I’m starting to collect dimes. Need to get away from ase’s and mint junk.  Figured I go first class and get a dansco all$40 of it. Wasn’t I surprised when I thankfully did some research. The dansco does not include any proofs!  
Here’s my solution. High end Littleton. Has p & d circs & s-clad and s-silver proofs.  Best part normal price $30. Got this one for $12😉. What do you think?  Why doesn’t dansco include proofs?  Did I make a mistake?  Come on down and give your opinion 😉

CDEF5DCD-97B1-4F52-8458-3FA28D2E99A8.png

On 11/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, Lem E said:

Dansco makes albums with and without proofs. You are looking for album #8125.

Hunted like crazy. Didn’t find that one (probably under my nose). I appreciate the information as it seemed unusual they didn’t include proofs. Thanks 

Yep Lem is correct the Dansco #8125 includes the clad and silver proof issues,   However I do not think that it is currently available and that might account for why you could not find one, that said the Littleton you did purchase should do just as well at a much more friendly price point.

I think Littleton albums are just fine.  I have one of their currency albums and it's probably my favorite album I've ever owned.  I'm actually trying to find another one at a friendly price point, which can be tricky for the currency albums.  I think your dimes are going to look just fine and be housed well in your Littleton album.

I read about dansco almost closing and then about pricing going through the roof because of remaining stock possibly being it. Then dansco posted that they survived but were backed up till next spring. Then prices dropped a little but availability became the problem. No wonder I got confused ( although my associates say old age😂)   

The currancy holder s are there(eBay) but expensive

Man, you're not kidding they're expensive James!!! But I may have to bite the bullet.  I've bought some nice notes in the past couple of days (the combined total of which is actually lower than the price of the albums on eBay!!), and I need to house them.  I want to house them separately because I'm kind of starting a collection of replacement notes that I'm considering housing in their own album.  I also have a German Empire 100 Mark note that won't fit in the pockets of either album I presently have.....and that's a bit of a problem lol.  I guess I'll have to figure it out!

Edited by Mohawk