• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1891 VAM 2B DDO EAR & CLASH

5 posts in this topic

Thank you for your response. I have seen the picture rom VAM World you posted da link for and I still cant see any kind of clash in the shape of a letter or an eagle's wing. From the order of the photos, beggining from top (no1) to bottom (No2) you can see, pic 1 a doubling on the ear, pic 2 has arrows pointing at the hair line at the base at LIberty's neck, but I cant see anything?

Pic 3 shows some kind of impression but because it is a close up I cannot tell where exactly on the coin is being pictured here, and I have searched with 10X magnification?

Pic 4 shows maybe some doubling around the nose and lips?

here is the number for the coin, perhaps you can look at it, 6275454-004 MS62 is the grade.

Thank you again.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

On your coin the clash is visible as a diagonal line projecting southwest from Liberty's neck just below the junction with her jaw.

Dear DW, thank you so much for your kindness in taking time to instruct me on this. I stared at the thing for half an hour yesterday with a magnifying glass lol, and thought I could see the faintest impression of an eagle wing shape which would mirror the wings position on the rev, and I could see what looked like a line coming out beneath her jaw that fades towards the coins edge, but it is so faint that I wasn't 100% certain?

Thank you for confirming it, I really appreciate it!

Every blessing Mark