• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinning the herd Modern commemoratives silver and half dollar sets.

20 posts in this topic

I have lost interest in the modern commemoratives and will give folks here first shot. I would like to sell as sets but will accept offers in a week or so. https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/122958/    Price guide $1075   yours for $750 OBO

silver dollars  https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/122959/   price guide $ 8,765.   136 silver dollars with many 70's    Yours for $7000 OBO

What a way to jump start a collection:)  Thanks for stopping by. Happy Hunting

On 11/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, rons said:

I have lost interest in the modern commemoratives and will give folks here first shot. I would like to sell as sets but will accept offers in a week or so. https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/122958/    Price guide $1075   yours for $750 OBO

silver dollars  https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/122959/   price guide $ 8,765.   136 silver dollars with many 70's    Yours for $7000 OBO

What a way to jump start a collection:)  Thanks for stopping by. Happy Hunting

I assume you collected specifically for the registry. If not, I can’t imagine wanting them graded. 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:04 PM, VKurtB said:

I assume you collected specifically for the registry. If not, I can’t imagine wanting them graded. 

Your "assumption" is wrong. Your imagination doesn't coincide with my interests. I collected them because I enjoyed them but the last couple of years the things being commemorated have seemed to be a stretch and I no longer care to keep the set complete. I don't understand your comment unless it was just a value statement by you. We all enjoy different aspects of the hobby and sometimes outgrow some of our initial interests. I continue to use the registry as means of keeping a record of my coins and as a reference for my collecting wants/needs. 

On 11/14/2021 at 9:41 PM, rons said:

Your "assumption" is wrong. Your imagination doesn't coincide with my interests. I collected them because I enjoyed them but the last couple of years the things being commemorated have seemed to be a stretch and I no longer care to keep the set complete. I don't understand your comment unless it was just a value statement by you. We all enjoy different aspects of the hobby and sometimes outgrow some of our initial interests. I continue to use the registry as means of keeping a record of my coins and as a reference for my collecting wants/needs. 

I just don’t understand why people get modern coins graded except for registry.

"I just don’t understand why people get modern coins graded except for registry." Not for you to worry then.  To each his own. My collection of raw modern commems with OGP will be hitting the auction block also. 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:16 PM, rons said:

"I just don’t understand why people get modern coins graded except for registry." Not for you to worry then.  To each his own. My collection of raw modern commems with OGP will be hitting the auction block also. 

Is there a date range among them, or pretty random?

On 11/19/2021 at 11:20 AM, VKurtB said:

Is there a date range among them, or pretty random?

pretty random as this is the second auction for them. I kept most of these due to my military service, experiences, family remembrances, etc Some of the earlier stuff belonged to my Dad. 

All of the following are in OGP

95 Olympics unc silver dollar Track and Field

95 Olympics unc silver dollar   Bicyclist

95 Olympics unc silver dollar   Gymnast

95 Olympics unc silver dollar   Paralympics

96 community service silver dollar unc x 2 ( low mintage)

97 Law Enforcement Memorial  proof x2

97 Law Enforcement Memorial unc

99 Dolly Madison silver dollar unc

1776 bicentennial silver proof set

1997 Jackie Robinson Silver dollar proof x 2

1997 Jackie Robinson Silver dollar unc x 2

2005 Chief Justice Marshall Silver dollar proof

2005 Chief Justice Marshall Silver dollar unc x 2

2004 Lewis and Clark Silver Dollar proof

2004 Lewis and Clark Silver Dollar unc x2

2004 Lewis and Clark  Coin and Pouch Set 

1995 Special Olympics Silver Dollar unc

2007 Jamestown  Silver Dollar proof

2007 Jamestown  Silver Dollar unc

2007 Little Rock Silver Dollar proof

2007 Little Rock Silver Dollar unc x4  ?????

2000 Library of Congress Silver Dollar unc x 2

2009 Braille Silver Dollar proof

2009 Braille Silver Dollar unc

2011 Medal of Honor Silver Dollar proof

2011 Medal of Honor Silver Dollar unc

2012 Star Spangled Banner Silver Dollar proof

2012 Star Spangled Banner Silver Dollar  unc

2012 Star Spangled Banner $5 Gold proof

2000 Leif Ericson Millennium Silver Dollar proof set US and Iceland

2002 Military Academy Bicentennial Silver Dollar unc

2012 american eagle 2 coin set  proof/reverse proof

1996 Smithsonian  Silver Dollar unc

1995 Civil War Battlefield Dollar/ half dollar set  proof

1995 Civil War Battlefield Dollar/ half dollar set  unc

2005 Marine Corps Silver Dollar proof

2006 San Francisco Mint silver dollar unc

2007 Presidential $1 proof set 

1998 black revolutionary patriots 2 coin silver dollar set

2010 Boy Scouts silver dollar unc x2

2010 Boy Scouts silver dollar proof X2

2009 Lincoln silver dollar unc

2009 International Astronomy  Australian 6 coin set and 2 coin set

2007 American Silver Eagle unc x 2

2008 American Silver Eagle unc x 2

2014 American Silver Eagle proof x 3

2016 American Silver Eagle proof x 3

2010 disabled veterans silver dollar unc x 2

2010 disabled veterans silver dollar proof x 2

2018 Breast Cancer Awareness proof half dollar

2018 Breast Cancer Awareness proof silver dollar

2018 Breast Cancer Awareness proof gold $5 

1994 Veterans Commemorative Silver Dollar set (3) proof

1994 Veterans Commemorative Silver Dollar set (3)  unc

2011 medal of honor gold $5 coin proof

2104 Baseball Hall of Fame silver dollar proof

1998 RFK 2 coin set Silver dollar and silver half dollar x 2

2011 US Army  half dollar unc

2011 US Army Silver Dollar unc x 2

2011 US Army Silver Dollar proof

2011 US Army  half dollar proof

2011 US Army  $5 gold proof

2012  Infantry Silver Dollar unc

1980 Mint SBA dollar souvenir set

1971 Ike Unc Silver Dollar blue pack

1982 Washington commemorative silver quarter unc X6

2008 unopened Mint sets X2

2009 unopened mint sets X4

2009 Mint set

2010 unopened mint set X2

1996 X10 proof sets in original shipped box 

1992 White House 200th anniversary  silver dollar proof X4

Ron,

I am finishing my dansco albums for the modern commems and will be glad to buy a list of 20 ++(crack outs) or more to fill it. I will get you a list next week if the full load does not sell. (thumbsu

Just message me on a full price for the OGP listing (all coins silver and gold) I want all the OGP's!! and I will go from there. Will have to pass on that 2104 Basketball Hall of Fame :roflmao:

I will purchase the 2014 Basketball hall of fame if you have that one. :)

Edited by Six Mile Rick

On 11/14/2021 at 11:07 PM, VKurtB said:

I just don’t understand why people get modern coins graded except for registry.

Modern coins are VERY hard to find in pristine and high strike form from searching through so many badly produced coins. When you find 1 out of 1000 raw and get it graded it sells for over $1000.

The hunt is fun and the rewards are plentiful if you have the right eye and know the right collectors. ;)

On 2/20/2022 at 10:59 PM, t kenney said:

Hey Rons, Go Buckeye's! and Thank You for your military service! I'm a 30-yr Army Vet myself. Your post about Commemorative's peaked my interest. Have you sold your collection yet?

Thanks, Tom

Tom,

If you get Ron's graded set it is a set that is well driven towards top notch. We did a lot of trading and buying back and forth in the days. It was a fun ride and experience!! :)

This post is from a while back. He probably got them sold as usual. 

I have a set graded if you want a few --- https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/135256/

Let me know if you want any. I have a 30 count or so of proofs to send in soon. Pretty sure half of them came from Ron's first OGP sale around 4 years ago.

Thanks,

Rick

Edited by Six Mile Rick

On 2/21/2022 at 7:50 PM, Six Mile Rick said:

Modern coins are VERY hard to find in pristine and high strike form from searching through so many badly produced coins. When you find 1 out of 1000 raw and get it graded it sells for over $1000.

The hunt is fun and the rewards are plentiful if you have the right eye and know the right collectors. ;)

Not “made for collectors”; they’re common as dirt in 70 grade. Now made for circulation? Yeah, they’re tough to find in even 68. 

On 2/20/2022 at 7:59 PM, t kenney said:

Hey Rons, Go Buckeye's! and Thank You for your military service! I'm a 30-yr Army Vet myself. Your post about Commemorative's peaked my interest. Have you sold your collection yet?

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom, I haven’t been on in a while so just seeing your post. The raw coins will be auctioned in March. The graded have not been consigned yet. I am currently out of town but will be home next week if you are still interested. Let me know. Thank you for your service as well. Sgt E-5 11B40 VietNam 69-70. Purple Heart CIB 😊

On 2/21/2022 at 6:48 PM, Six Mile Rick said:

Tom,

If you get Ron's graded set it is a set that is well driven towards top notch. We did a lot of trading and buying back and forth in the days. It was a fun ride and experience!! :)

Thanks Rick. You did play a big part in that sets upgrades😁😎

Thanks for the comments everyone. I consigned the raw coins in December and they will be auctioned off in 2 weeks. The graded were inaccessible until last week as I had some work done in my basement. They are still available after I get home next week. If I get no interest they will head to Great Collections sometime in the spring. 🤔