• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do submit a coin so that the grader looks closely at the Mint mark?

5 posts in this topic

I recently resubmitted a Morgan Silver Dollar that was graded AU 55 which I agreed with but wanted them to take a closer look at the Mint mark. I have had several collectors inspect the coin under microscope and they all agree that there is a stamp over on the Mint mark. On the submission form how should this be submitted in order for NGC to look at the mint mark. 

Lisa,

I sent a coin in for regrade that was AU55 which was not the grade I was questioning. I wanted them to take another look at the Mint mark. Myself and other collectors have viewed it under the microscope and it was clear to us that it was a O stamped over an S. However NGC has shipped it back to me with the same grade which was fine but no reference to the Mint mark. If we want you guys to take a look at a mint mark how should we fill out the submission request?

Regards,

Richard,

Lisa,

The invoice # 2120527 which was is in shipment back to me. How do submit coins where we just want them to inspect the Mint. mark. Also if I would like someone to take another look at the coin what are my options? Is there another grading service where I can get a 2nd opinion?

Thanks for your help.

Richard,

• Administrator

My apologies, This is not what you need to know.  Sorry.....

I've asked our graders about your piece and they have informed me that there is no O/S for this date.