• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Strike, Early Release, First Day Of Issue..... Etc..... from different TPG's. Please clarify

4 posts in this topic

I have gone back into the NGC archives and read several different posts, chats, threads.... in the past but I have one question in particular as I am still a bit unclear on the First, Early, etc.. label and topics.  I am familiar with (I think)  NGC doing away with one the these "designations" due to a lot of controversy surrounding this First Strike(s) theory.  Being that there are several different reputable TPG's out there, namely ANACS, NGC, PCGS, and ICG.... it is my assumption that each of these TPG's have a maximum designated number of coins allocated, within their respective organization, in which they will apply the labels I mentioned in the Topic of this post.  Am I correct in saying this?  Thanks.

I'm not sure it this answers your question but, for example, NGC will label all coins sent "Early Release" as long as they meet their criteria for the Early Release designation, namely 30 days from release. The only things that limit the number labeled as such is the number sent in on time and the number minted within the first 30 days. 

On 10/23/2021 at 4:07 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I'm not sure it this answers your question but, for example, NGC will label all coins sent "Early Release" as long as they meet their criteria for the Early Release designation, namely 30 days from release. The only things that limit the number labeled as such is the number sent in on time and the number minted within the first 30 days. 

Gotcha Mike.  That actually does answer my question.  I see now that the days are limited and that however many coins come in during that time will receive such a label.  That makes sense.  I'm sure the other TPG's have their same set of criteria.  Thanks.