• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What were your main take aways, or what did you learn, during the NNP symposium?

5 posts in this topic

What were your main take aways, or what did you learn, during the NNP symposium? There were plenty of interesting subjects, but what stood out the most for you? Three things that stood out to me dealt with:

1) the 1913 nickel

2) Black Diamond

3) Pawnee headdress

Regarding the above - let’s see if anyone can expand on what caught my attention regarding the above.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

My program was on the history and collecting of Whitman's blue folders. While perhaps not truly numismatic, it sure is fun to do.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:47 AM, DWLange said:

My program was on the history and collecting of Whitman's blue folders. While perhaps not truly numismatic, it sure is fun to do.

I very much enjoyed your presentation and it opened a whole new appreciation for me on the subject. It also will add anew area to my future hunts for items that I would not have thought about before your presentation. Nice job!!!

On 10/21/2021 at 9:47 AM, DWLange said:

oh i personally believe that ur area is truly numismatic, numismatics is much more than just the coins themselves...without the historical backgrounds n exonumia n ephemera surrounding the collectors n collecting hobby they r just coins...having a fleshed out portrait in time of the hobby is what allows us the privilege of that walk back in time to enjoy our hobby...please dont minimalize ur contributions, they r admired, respected n appreciated....