• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC slabbed Morgan Dollars Great Falls Collection

5 posts in this topic

Is there any information on the background of this slab designation.  I found info on the Great Montana Collection but can't find anything on Great Falls.  Not sure if it is a town (there are several) or something else.  Does NGC keep records of what these designations relate to?  

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That's just a name that the submitter requested be placed on each label. NGC will accommodate such requests, as long as the desired name is not misleading, libelous, etc...

On 10/20/2021 at 1:57 PM, LNCS said:

Is it Great Montana, or Great Falls (which is a city in Montana, that I lived in a long time ago)

I'm from Great Falls, MT which is why I asked.  Would like to get one if that is the case, I just know there are a few other other Great Falls cities and probably a whole lot more landmarks.  Thanks!

To further clarify there is the "Great Montana Collection" NGC Slab you will see on some Morgans.  This is the Zollie Kelman collection (which was out of Great Falls, MT and there are a few write-ups online about how this came to be).  There is another Slab titled "The Great Falls Collection" see example here:  https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/595310/1921-S-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-NGC-MS-65-Great-Falls-Collection That I can't find any information about.  I was thinking about picking one up if I see one become available just because of the potential hometown correlation.  Thx