• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1988 Lincoln penny

3 posts in this topic

No, No, No..........  Look more closely at the pictures supplied online by other external websites and compare yours to theirs!!!! This is damage to the earlobe plain and simple! An extra ear (or earlobe) is easily discernible.  This is- PMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evidently you are not looking at comparable examples. With all due respect, why would you think your Lincoln is a match to FS-101 if you have researched this variety elsewhere? There is a tremendous amount of information and pictures in which to compare your finds to online (which I strongly feel I am reiterating here) so that you can make a more informed decision about your finds.  I'm just trying to help you here Jaynh, no offense at all whatsoever, so that you can become more informed with your coins and if they are errors/varieties or not.  Just for the record, here is a pic of the 1988 DDO FS-101 for your reference which does not even remotely look close to your Lincoln Cent. Hope this helps.(thumbsu

IMG_0602.jpg