• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 & 1966 AU Pennies (wallaby)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Cool looking opossum on the back though (I think that's what it is....hmmm). Here in the Deep South they make possum soup.  I highly doubt I will ever try any but I would like to shake the man's hand who took it upon himself to first try road kill...... and the same goes for the first dude who thought about eating psilocybin from a cow patty...:sick:

This post made me do a little research @JKK into Australian coins.  Any truth to this statement below from Wikipedia? I had assumed the 1943 Copper Lincoln would have held the world record (however different grades may account for price discrepancy) but then again, we all know what assume means....  Maybe I need to be on the lookout for a 1930 Copper Australian Penny.

"The 1930 penny is one of the rarest Australian coins, due to a very small number being minted[1] and holds the record as the most valuable copper penny in the world.[2] It is highly sought after by coin collectors, and a 1930 penny in very fine condition can be worth A$45,000 or more."