• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for NCS-Carbon Spot on Clad Proof Half Dollar

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question for NCS.  I recently came across a 1971-S Proof Kennedy Half Dollar of the DDO FS-101 variety.  It's a nice coin aside from one issue.....there's a pretty pronounced carbon spot in Kennedy's hair right below the E in Liberty on the obverse.  I was wondering if NCS is able to do anything about removing carbon spots or at least minimizing their appearance.

I thank you for your kind time and attention.  Both are very much appreciated!

~Tom

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for your kind and quick reply.  I will take photos of it tonight and post them up here for your review.

~Tom

Hey, if you like it Modwriter, it's a great coin to keep!  I asked about mine because, like all U.S. coins I acquire, I intend to sell it.  I sell U.S. coins to fund my collecting of ancient coins, so I want this half to do the best it possibly can at NGC.  I don't collect U.S. coins at all, personally.

Edited by Mohawk