• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1923 S and 1924 Peace Dollars

7 posts in this topic

Hi again Mike!!!

Well, both of those are common dates in the Peace Dollar series.  The 1923-S looks like it's circulated and with the spots, it's probably not worth much over silver value.  The 1924, while also a common date, does look nicer.  That being said though, I'm going to let some of the others chime in on grade and price......I've been told I can be brutal with grading Peace Dollars and I'm out of touch with the market for them.....I know that the 2021 silver dollar issues have impacted the prices of the actual circulation issues as well.  

~Tom

The 23-S is harshly cleaned and worth melt not more, the 24 is nicer and from these photos I would say high AU condition.   1924 is a very common date so I would put the value around $30ish give or take.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:15 PM, Coinbuf said:

The 23-S is harshly cleaned and worth melt not more, the 24 is nicer and from these photos I would say high AU condition.   1924 is a very common date so I would put the value around $30ish give or take.

Thanks Coinbuf......I didn't catch the cleaning on the 1923-S from the pics.  I appreciate your chiming in on this one!!

On 9/17/2021 at 11:15 PM, Coinbuf said:

What is it that shows its been cleaned? Would it be all the scratch marks going in one direction in the closeup shot? After reading your post those scratches popped in my mind with a possible new significance

On 9/17/2021 at 10:27 PM, Mohawk said:

Hi again Mike!!!

Hi Tom and thanks for chiming in

Edited by Mikhail2400

On 9/18/2021 at 3:25 AM, Mikhail2400 said:

What is it that shows its been cleaned? Would it be all the scratch marks going in one direction in the closeup shot? After reading your post those scratches popped in my mind with a possible new significance

Yes.