• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do collectors enjoy Burnished coins?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

LOL, I'm on the opposite side of this Mr. Bill the burnished coins are really the only ASEs I collect anymore, although I've hit the pause button after the 2019's. Never bit on the proofs and the standard issues are plagued by milk spots (I'm out). I'm not saying milk spots don't appear on burnished ASEs, but they seem to be better. I enjoy the look of the burnished ASEs as well, but I can be a bit off-kilter with how I collect. :insane:

Hi,  I'm a newbie also, but I do collect the Burnished as well.  I have about 10.  If you look at the numbers, there are fewer burnished coins (in general).  Is that the reason to collect? No. (I agree with James Z., they will have their day.) I'm trying to complete years one at a time (so I can afford the habit).  From an artistic perspective - burnished has less glamor than the Proofs, but in my case, they complete a year (provided they were produced).

And whatever you do...don't burnish them yourself with steel wool!  LOL!

God Bless,  Chris