• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Die pairs and chips, 1997 Lincolns

5 posts in this topic

Thought this was pretty cool.  I bought a few rolls of Lincoln BU's at the Dalton show of some know dates for doubled dies.  The seller I purchase them from said he filled his plastic coin roll holders from bulk bags.  Went through rolls of Lincoln: 1980, 1995-D, 1996 and then I had this roll of supposedly all 1995's.  All the other rolls were as stated but this roll of '95's was all over the map containing numerous different years.  Just happened to find three 1997 Linc's that came from the exact same die.  Notice the die chip on the left side of fourth column.  Pretty neat to see the progressive die state on these three (in not particular order) and they all have the same markers on the reverse in the way of the polishing and a couple of tiny die dots as well.  Just thought I'd share these.  Thanks.

IMG_20210912_145007.jpg

IMG_20210912_144716.jpg

IMG_20210912_144734.jpg

IMG_20210912_144751.jpg

Actually just found one more which appears to be from the same die but in a totally separate roll.  This one appears to be an earlier die stage compared to the other ones.  They hadn't aggressively polished the die yet on this one as compared to the others. Still pretty neat finds to me.(thumbsu

IMG_2405.JPG

Edited by GBrad

Great photos Gbrad! These coins should qualify for 58 Full Steps! Why 58 you ask? Here’s why:

There are 58 steps leading up to the Lincoln Memorial, 2 for the number of terms he served as President, and 56 for his age when he was assassinated.

On 9/12/2021 at 5:10 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Great photos Gbrad! These coins should qualify for 58 Full Steps! Why 58 you ask? Here’s why:

There are 58 steps leading up to the Lincoln Memorial, 2 for the number of terms he served as President, and 56 for his age when he was assassinated.

That's awesome Bill.  Thanks for sharing that part of history info with us.  I did not know that.