• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957-D (LWC) Die Clash
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'm thinking this might be die clash under Lincoln's bust. I did the overlay and it's pretty close. I've seen other cents like this but was said they we're die chips. And what's interesting is under the MM. Could that be lamination.  Hmm. Any help would be great thanks. 

20210831_122148.jpg

20210831_122529.jpg

20210831_122618.jpg

Thanks for the overlay, I 'm just not seeing the letters lining up right.   My opinion is like you have heard before some die chips and a couple of minor die breaks, die breaks under the bust are somewhat common on the Lincoln series.

Hi again Hinkle!!!

I'm thinking you have some die chips and possibly a couple small die breaks as well.  I've seen a lot of this kind of things in Lincolns, especially when you start getting to the 1934 and later series where the mintages become massive and the dies were used for way too long.