• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1658 / 7 Cromwell Crown trial strike or pattern in bronze / copper
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Is anyone aware of a trial or pattern strike in bronze or copper of the 1658 / 7 dated Cromwell Crown ?  Of course these were normally struck in silver, but I have a specimen that appears to be such a thing even including the diagnostic die break across the lower part of the coin through the neck.  Of course it could be a medal or fantasy piece.  Someone has told me they think it is a 1731 restrike in bronze.  I just don't know and am awaiting it to come back from NGC grading.  I would appreciate any ideas.

Hello and Welcome!!!

Greenstang is right....we definitely need pics to tell anything.  It's impossible to discern anything meaningful about coin, token or medal from just a written description.  And, yes, please do post photos of this coin when you receive it back......I'm curious as well.