• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982D penny

8 posts in this topic

@Tridmn,  I.cutler is correct.  1982 was the transitional year for the Lincoln Memorial Cent when the Mint switched alloy compositions for this series coin and you will find both copper and zinc core Cents with their respective weights as I.cutler pointed out above. However, and a BIG however....., is that the Denver Mint was only supposed to produce zinc cored 1982 SMALL DATE pennies. A Denver minted 1982 LARGE DATE copper is perfectly normal.  Only a few examples of a copper 1982 SMALL DATE Denver minted Lincoln are known to exist and are obviously extremely rare.  Just FYI.  

On 9/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, James Zyskowski said:

I’ll post my handy chart 

245078A9-A461-49C2-9B5F-31589FD82071.thumb.png.903e9df6f436e3e0632fb8a262fa3a54.png

Sorry having trouble uploading good pictures 

Man.... if only that chart of yours contained the "8th" almost unattainable example....... for $6.95 that would have been a heck of a bargain!!!!!:bigsmile:  Seriously though, that is a great teaching tool to have for new folks to learn the differences of the 1982 transitional types of Cents, that is, if you are a Lincoln type fanatic (like me). Very neat and I believe well worth the $7 bucks (got to add in the shipping cost though...) for newcomers to have in their hands to see the differences.  Thanks for sharing James! (thumbsu

Edited by GBrad

On 9/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, GBrad said:

Man.... if only that chart of yours contained the "8th" almost unattainable example....... for $6.95 that would have been a heck of a bargain!!!!!:bigsmile:  Seriously though, that is a great teaching tool to have for new folks to learn the differences of the 1982 transitional types of Cents, that is, if you are a Lincoln type fanatic (like me). Very neat and I believe well worth the $7 bucks (got to add in the shipping cost though...) for newcomers to have in their hands to see the differences.  Thanks for sharing James! (thumbsu

Very nice set. And ty for be honest and open to give me an insight.