• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stone Mountain Half Dollar and Georgia Gold

4 posts in this topic

I photographed this and other items then owned by John Coolidge many years ago. I remember the plate as polished silver rather than native Georgia gold. I think they were all later transferred to the Coolidge historical site museum. Mr. Coolidge was not much interested in his father's awards and gifts. He hung out in the living room of his Plymouth Notch home witching the Patriots football game, while my wife and I were in the attic photographing coins, medals, etc.

https://coolidgefoundation.org/the-foundation-historic-site/site/about-the-historic-site/

Edited by RWB

I'll search -- and see if I have any of the negatives/slides around. They were made for Dr. Darrell C. Crain Jr. as part of this tracking down the Coolidge gold medal designed by his father. (His medal collection was donated to George Washington University.)