• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submissions

9 posts in this topic

I am getting ready to send in coins for grading for the first time. I was told I did not need to send in the mint packaging and only the coins in capsules with a copy of COA. Does sending in the mint packaging help? I’m guessing I am looking at a lot of pf69-70 ratings and just want to do whatever I can to increase odds of pf70s. This are all modern silver proof coins (Beatrix Potter, New Zealand kiwi, etc, less than 10 yr old. Thanks in advance, sorry for newbie question. 

As long as NGC has already graded examples of the coins you're sending the OMP is not required and in fact would just cost you extra money to ship it. Sending the OMP will not increase your odds of a higher grade.

Sometimes sending in the OMP is required for NGC to assign certain descriptions or attributions to coins but it doesn't sound like that's needed in your case.

Thanks so much. I’m just so nervous about this first submission, I don’t want to mess anything up. But that makes sense and yes, NGC has graded these so they are not an unknown entity for them. I appreciate your time. :)

On 8/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, kristynaryan said:

Thanks so much. I’m just so nervous about this first submission, I don’t want to mess anything up. But that makes sense and yes, NGC has graded these so they are not an unknown entity for them. I appreciate your time. :)

Good Luck with the submission, let us know how you did. (thumbsu

As long as you’re comfortable sending them just the capsule is fine. I hope your prepared to accept that 70’s are the stuff dreams are made of.   I and others here wouldn’t mind looking at them. Post some pictures and maybe some of the experts here(not me, I do ok but by no means an expert) will do our best to help sort the wheat from the chaff 🤠

Ok. Sure! Thanks. I try to buy graded. I mostly collect for my kids. Silver Eagles, America the Beautiful silver quarters for my daughter, presidential series for my son and then some kiwi, pandas and trying for 2 full sets of the Beatrix Potter Proofs most all I’ve purchased directly from Royal Mint. I’ll try to post a few later today. Thanks! 

NGC does encapsulate COA's on some issues to accompany the coins, I do not collect or submit modern coins of this type so I'm unsure on your coins.   If that is of interest to you you might want to contact customer service to see if that service is available for the COA's of your coins, I believe the fee for the COA encapsulation is $25 per COA.

the only time I ever sent a COA was when NGC  matched a coin to a number on the COA, MY other COA I just laminate and keep with my coin when I got it back. Sure would like to see some of those coin you have get 70s or even 69. Good luck. If you could show so pic I would like that too. OH and by the way welcome to the forum.