• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

more fakes

6 posts in this topic

Just saw these on ebay and realized they are fake, they look to be proof ase but are advertised as business strikes. I know they are fake because I have one, it showed bs coin in the pictures/ad and I just wanted a bs coin, just alerting anyone trying to get a deal, do not buy!  Photos not mine, taken from ad. Oh yeah, I reported them to ebay.

s-l1600 - 2021-08-25T202132.693.jpg

s-l1600 - 2021-08-25T174339.269.jpg

Back 2016 one of these fakes showed up at the Lakeland, Florida coin show at the ICG grading table. It was in the original mint capsule, velvet box, carboard box and had the COA. The boxes and other mint issue items are sold from pieces that are sent in for slabbing. 

2015 Sil Eagle Pr Fake Pack 2.jpg

2015 fake vs real det.jpg

2015 fake vs real SE O.jpg

Found a scam artist on eBay selling a cheap Chinese proof copy as "1889 CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR MS/UNC BU" (eBay item number:175441701928). It's not marked as "COPY" on the coin as required by the hobby protection act and they only note it's a copy in the fine print description, and already have ppl bidding $375 for it. Wow don't be fooled.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by EagleRJO