• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U.S. Mint - Coast Guard
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Received my , seems like daily, promotional email from the Mint and this was for the 2.5oz Coast Guard silver metal.  I have to admit I kinda like it, not so much the price, as it shows the ship forging forward through the seas. It's sort of dramatic in the way its presented.

"USCGC Hamilton (WMSL-753) is the fourth Legend-class cutter of the United States Coast Guard. She is the fifth cutter named after Alexander Hamilton, who was the first United States Secretary of the Treasury and in that position requested the formation of the United States Coast Guard."

20210817_111523.jpg

Richard Masters is the designer. Here are his coin and medal designs for the U.S. Mint.

Coin Design Credits

• 2020 American Innovation $1 Coin Program – Connecticut reverse
  • 2020 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve reverse
  • 2020 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – National Park of American Samoa reverse
  • 2019 American Legion Commemorative Coin Program – Clad obverse
  • 2019 American Legion Commemorative Coin Program – Clad reverse
  • 2019 American Innovation $1 Coin Program – Pennsylvania reverse
  • 2018 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – Apostle Islands National Lakeshore reverse
  • 2017 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – Effigy Mounds National Monument reverse
  • 2016 Presidential $1 Coins – Ronald Reagan obverse
  • 2015 U.S. Marshals Service 225th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Program – Silver obverse
  • 2013 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Program – Silver obverse
  • 2012 Star-Spangled Banner Commemorative Coin Program – Gold reverse
  • 2011 Medal of Honor Commemorative Coin Program – Silver reverse
  • 2011 United States Army Commemorative Coin Program – Silver obverse
  • 2011 Native American $1 Coin Program – reverse
  • 2009 District of Columbia and U.S. Territories Quarters Program – Northern Mariana Islands reverse
  • 2009 Lincoln Bicentennial One Cent Coin Program (Birth and Early Childhood in Kentucky) – reverse
  • 2007 Little Rock Central High School Desegregation Silver Dollar Coin – obverse
  • 2006 50 State Quarters Program – Nebraska reverse

Medal Design Credits

• 2019 American Veterans Silver Medal – reverse
  • Presidential Medal Program – Barack Obama (Term 1) obverse
  • First Special Service Force Congressional Gold Medal – reverse
  • Professor Muhammad Yunus Congressional Gold Medal – reverse
  • Code Talkers Recognition Congressional Medals Program – Comanche Nation obverse
  • Presidential Medal Program – George W. Bush (Term 2) reverse

Coin & Medal Design Credits

• 2019 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin and Silver Medal – obverse
  • 2016 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Patricia Ryan “Pat” Nixon obverse
  • 2016 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Patricia Ryan “Pat” Nixon reverse
  • 2015 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Mamie Eisenhower obverse
  • 2014 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Lou Hoover reverse
  • 2013 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Helen Taft reverse
  • 2011 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Julia Grant reverse

On 8/17/2021 at 11:28 AM, EdG_Ohio said:

Received my , seems like daily, promotional email from the Mint and this was for the 2.5oz Coast Guard silver metal.  I have to admit I kinda like it, not so much the price, as it shows the ship forging forward through the seas. It's sort of dramatic in the way its presented.

"USCGC Hamilton (WMSL-753) is the fourth Legend-class cutter of the United States Coast Guard. She is the fifth cutter named after Alexander Hamilton, who was the first United States Secretary of the Treasury and in that position requested the formation of the United States Coast Guard."

It caught my eye as well and so did the price tag, :whatthe:  just not room in the budget for it right now. I've adopted a wait and see mentality for all U.S. Mint products, wait and see how much the price drops. I wonder if they'll add a U.S. Space Force medal to the series?

On 8/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

It caught my eye as well and so did the price tag, :whatthe:  just not room in the budget for it right now. I've adopted a wait and see mentality for all U.S. Mint products, wait and see how much the price drops. I wonder if they'll add a U.S. Space Force medal to the series?

(Interesting. Kitco is presently forecasting a Huge upswing in gold/silver prices.)

On 8/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I'd seriously consider it if I wasn't suppose to be chasing the 59-D 5c down and a few world coins of 59'. Perhaps another day.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:59 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

(Interesting. Kitco is presently forecasting a Huge upswing in gold/silver prices.)

A possibility, but for a medal containing approximately $59.60 worth of silver there is still a lot of wiggle room. Roughly $100.40 worth of wiggle room.