• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC-My 1904 IHC Mint Error Awaits your approval, Still.

2 posts in this topic

I joined this fine group recently and have begun to add to my collection one by one. I went to add my new 1904 Indian Head Cent with Obverse Strike Though. I have inquired several times to see if the item had been accepted and still nothing. I'd sure like to get this in my registry. Any idea about this delay. Is the effect of COVID still present. Here is what I submitted. 

Edited by DrewLudwig

On 7/17/2021 at 1:53 PM, DrewLudwig said:

I joined this fine group recently and have begun to add to my collection one by one. I went to add my new 1904 Indian Head Cent with Obverse Strike Though. I have inquired several times to see if the item had been accepted and still nothing. I'd sure like to get this in my registry. Any idea about this delay. Is the effect of COVID still present. Here is what I submitted. 

Thank you for the inquiry into the NGC Registry.

Mint error coins are unique, many times one-of-a-kind and are valued completely differently than regular issue coinage. They are typically more valuable than a similar “regular” coin and are also harder to assign a value because their worth can be very subjective, simply based upon a collector’s desire to own a mint error.  Here is NGC’s description of Mint Error coins:  https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/7765/learn-grading-mint-errors-part-1/

Competitive NGC Registry sets are composed of coins where many collectors can obtain and own the same type of coin. These coins all receive similar registry scores. As such, mint error coins, due to their unique nature, are not assembled with regular coinage in competitive NGC Registry sets.