• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1916 George V British penny
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'm going through some of my world coin's and thought this one was a little unusual. It looks like brass to me. Is this fake/replica. It doesn't weigh and looks very odd. Any information would be helpful thanks. 

20210629_192006.jpg

20210629_192113.jpg

20210629_193007.jpg

5 minutes ago, JKK said:

Cleaned and has crapulation from old glue.

I figured it was cleaned, didn't know what that crapulation was from. Thanks 

12 minutes ago, James Zyskowski said:

Not an expert by a long shot just saying I like it. I would consider the ultimate sin and (if it was mine) I might try and get the glue off and clean it up a little bit and pocket piece it😎

Considering how worn it is, there isn't much to lose from a good soak. I'd start with distilled water. It's only the ultimate sin if one does it in a sinful situation and way. With ancients, often they are discovered in a huge bronze coinberg the size of a football and we'd never get them apart without some form of cleaning; then we'd never identify them without some more cleaning. I think in most of those cases they use the electric current method.