• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncirculated Morgan silver dollars

4 posts in this topic

I have 7 uncirculated Morgan silver dollars from different years want to have them graded but can't understand.service pricing how much would it cost total for them to be graded.

• Administrator

Hello W086will,

If you are sending coins dated before 1955, valued $300 or less per coin, you can use the ECONOMY Grading Tier.  The cost will be $22 per coin plus return shipping, insurance, and handling.   

If you are sending coins that cannot go on the Modern Tier or Economy Tier you can use the EARLY BIRD Grading tier.  The coins must be valued $3000 or less per coin.  The fee will be $35 per coin plus return shipping, insurance, and handling.  

I have 4, from the 'CC' GSA hoard, 1882, 1883, 1884, & 1885. 

1) from what I see in the grading photos, is it safe to assume they are all over the $300 mark & will have to go thru as Early Bird/STD ?

2) I just need to send them in the plastic slab they're already in, right?

3) I see you are grading them in the original slab now. Is there additional charges for this?

I also have a 1925 Stone Mountain .50c, basically uncirculated. Looks like that would be over the $300 as well?

thanks

Your Stone Mountain at MS65 would be between $300-425 based on recent Heritage Auction activity. Any less grade than gem mint will be below $300. With that said the cost of sending it in by itself for grading with shipping and handling will exceed the extra $13 ($35 standard versus $22 economy) of just adding it to your Morgan submission.