• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone going to FUN show in July?

20 posts in this topic

I’ve never been to a FUN show, and looking forward to attending in July. Would love to put some faces with screen names if anyone will be attending. 

I definitely plan on attending the January FUN 2022, might get down to Summer FUN for 1 day.  I'll get back to you.  (thumbsu

FUN 2020 was my 1st big coin show and 1st FUN show....had a blast.  You probably want to consider getting a hotel as close to the convention center as possible.

1 minute ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

I definitely plan on attending the January FUN 2022, might get down to Summer FUN for 1 day.  I'll get back to you.  (thumbsu

FUN 2020 was my 1st big coin show and 1st FUN show....had a blast.  You probably want to consider getting a hotel as close to the convention center as possible.

Yeah I figured so. I lived in Orlando previously, and still have a house there but it’s the other side of town away from the convention area. If you end up going in July a beer is on me one night. 

1 minute ago, Woods020 said:

Yeah I figured so. I lived in Orlando previously, and still have a house there but it’s the other side of town away from the convention area. If you end up going in July a beer is on me one night. 

To hell with the Rosen Centre, give me your address, I'll take the bedroom on the right-side.  xD

If you have a house that's the best of both worlds.  Nearby and save $$$.....sweet !!  (thumbsu

5 minutes ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

To hell with the Rosen Centre, give me your address, I'll take the bedroom on the right-side.  xD

If you have a house that's the best of both worlds.  Nearby and save $$$.....sweet !!  (thumbsu

It’s in lake mary area. The other side of Orlando from Kissimmee and I-Drive. It’s actually rented right now or id say people can pile in. 

Edited by Woods020

1 hour ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

.Florida in January from other states is very attractive.

Yeah --- just keep your eyes closed to the kitsch and have a sidekick to spot for old farts running red lights. Also, avoid being near any eating place that has a "Senior Special" or "Early Bird" special.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Also, avoid being near any eating place that has a "Senior Special" or "Early Bird" special.

That's every restaurant in Florida!

NGC will be at the show, of course.

FUN is a no go for me, flying still requires a vaccine or an expensive rapid test so that is a no for me.   Personally I have never been to any show except the LB show which is a long drive but at least I can drive there.   With the cost of flights, rental car, lodging, and food I would have nothing left to spend on coins so just no point in going to any of the east coast shows.

17 hours ago, RWB said:

Florida? In the summer? Really? Hmmmm.

It’s not fun unless your flip flops stick to the pavement! Perfect golf weather to melt in the sun. 

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

FUN is a no go for me, flying still requires a vaccine or an expensive rapid test so that is a no for me.   Personally I have never been to any show except the LB show which is a long drive but at least I can drive there.   With the cost of flights, rental car, lodging, and food I would have nothing left to spend on coins so just no point in going to any of the east coast shows.

If I didn’t have flight and hotel points from so much travel for work it would be a different story. But for now I’ll use the only benefit of spending far too many nights in hotels. I’ve never been to a big show either. I’m actually excited to see one. 

It’s not fun unless your flip flops stick to the pavement! Perfect golf weather to melt in the sun. 

You want to melt on the golf course you need to come here. :roflmao:

If I didn’t have flight and hotel points from so much travel for work it would be a different story. But for now I’ll use the only benefit of spending far too many nights in hotels. I’ve never been to a big show either. I’m actually excited to see one. 

I've always enjoyed the LB show, and I would really like to do an ANA show in Denver as I could crash on my daughters sofa for that show, bucket list show.

2 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

You want to melt on the golf course you need to come here. :roflmao:

I've always enjoyed the LB show, and I would really like to do an ANA show in Denver as I could crash on my daughters sofa for that show, bucket list show.

Are you in Cali somewhere? I’m in the south California and the Bay Area several times a year. I’m in the pharma world and those are pharma hot spots. 

Just now, Woods020 said:

Are you in Cali somewhere? I’m in the south California and the Bay Area several times a year. I’m in the pharma world and those are pharma hot spots. 

I'm in Phx AZ, nothing like 122 degrees at 1PM for a nice round of golf.

Just now, Coinbuf said:

I'm in Phx AZ, nothing like 122 degrees at 1PM for a nice round of golf.

Yeah it can get brutal. But lots of amazing courses. I get connections through the Phoenix airport a lot. But only stay in town a time or two a year maybe. Nothing like being in the desert and then pulling into one of the resorts that are bright green all of a sudden. Pretty state for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

Yeah it can get brutal. But lots of amazing courses. I get connections through the Phoenix airport a lot. But only stay in town a time or two a year maybe. Nothing like being in the desert and then pulling into one of the resorts that are bright green all of a sudden. Pretty state for sure. 

It can, but I have a pool so that helps, and within a few hours I can be in the high country to cool off on weekends so its alright.   When I really want to cool down the wife and I head to San Diego and play on the beach for a day or two.   That is what I have always liked about living here, it is hot but so many ways to find relief and the winters are awesome.   Well that's enough off track on your thread, hope you have a great time at FUN and get a chance to meet some of the forum members.  If LB ever gets up and running maybe a meet and greet there for forum members too.

8 hours ago, RWB said:

Yeah --- just keep your eyes closed to the kitsch and have a sidekick to spot for old farts running red lights. Also, avoid being near any eating place that has a "Senior Special" or "Early Bird" special.

I stayed at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando which was 3/4 mile from the OCCC....but it had a kick-asss Thai restaurant right across the street ! (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969

5 hours ago, Woods020 said:

FUN is fun. xD  Like I said, a bunch of us hope to connect like a few of us did last year.  If you stay in the hotel where evereybody else is staying it's great for short drinks or lounge get-togethers on the go.

I didn't do them but I hear the workshops are very useful.  I loved the Heritage Auctions, at the last January FUN 2020 they auctioned off a 1927-D Saint.