• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin Camera

7 posts in this topic

This the most cost effective system that provides great results right away that I have seen  Camera  I have one of his systems and once you get the lighting down it works like a dream, and Ray is very good about helping you get the system dialed in.   Now if you don't have that much to spend then there are several tutorials here in the US coin section of this forum on how to use a newer smart phone camera with excellent results, here is one of those. Coin Photography  The biggest hurdle no mater what kind of camera you use is having and using the lighting correctly.

RE: "Coin Camera"

There were some of these available at last year's "Spy Expo;" Press the reeds the right way and George W Would blink and take a nice digital photo suitable for framing your adversaries. Or--did I misunderstand the thread title....:S

Thanks for all the info. I have a usb microscope which is great for imaging details like small and large date varieties. Coinbuf, your camera set up is what I need. Thanks again

9 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

The biggest hurdle no mater what kind of camera you use is having and using the lighting correctly.

Agree 100% on this statement. Lighting is critical in any type of photography.