• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chandler AZ Local monthly coin show today!

7 posts in this topic

I stopped by the monthly local coin show today, strong attendance with 30+ dealers and lots of collectors.   Plenty of nice collector coins, a few new dealers that I have not seen before or at least not often.   It seemed that coins were moving back and forth and sales were happening both ways.   I sold some foreign junk silver, Canadian and Mexican silver dollars along with some cull Peace dollars.   I also was able to sell a 1913 $5 gold Indian and an 1884-CC Morgan for small profits on both.   There were a few coins that I was tempted on but decided to hold the cash for now.  Hopefully shows are starting back up in the area that you reside and will continue to do so moving forward.

4-21-CB-show.jpg

Thanks for the update, CB......had you gone to this show in the past ?  How was dealer and public attendance back then ?

Dealers happy today to be back showing stuff and happy with their sales/attendance ?  Of course, not sure how it works at small shows like this but I hear that at the big shows 80% of the business is dealer-to-dealer BEFORE the show starts.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

This show is a very long running show, as far back as the mid 90's perhaps longer.   I have seen (I have even setup as a dealer at this show many years ago) this show with more dealer and collector attendance when it was at a larger venue in the early 2000's, but for this current venue this was a very good turnout for both.  This was not the first time this show has happened this year, it was shutdown much of last year but has been happening on and off for the past 3-6 months.   All the regular dealers that I know who were there today seemed happy and remarked that business was brisk, hopefully they were all able to make a few dollars for the time invested.   There is plenty of dealer to dealer traffic in the first hour or so before the show opens to the public, and just like big shows the dealer to dealer deals continue through out the show.

5 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

There is plenty of dealer to dealer traffic in the first hour or so before the show opens to the public, and just like big shows the dealer to dealer deals continue through out the show.

That's something that shocked me when I learned it from the vets online.....how basically the dealers make their day/weekend in the first hour before the shows open.  Anything from the public is just gravy. 

Would never have known that. (thumbsu

Nice that they got the cars out of the parking garage before set-up. Always a pain to set up tables around the '53 DeSoto with the oil leak. :)

Looks like a basement but CB can tell us for sure.  Lots of places with smaller basements charge less than the larger, more spacious main entrance hall.  The Westchester County Show used to be in the basement 3 times a year, only the bigger show in November has the 1st-floor larger hall.

1 hour ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

Looks like a basement but CB can tell us for sure.  Lots of places with smaller basements charge less than the larger, more spacious main entrance hall.  The Westchester County Show used to be in the basement 3 times a year, only the bigger show in November has the 1st-floor larger hall.

Its an American Legion hall, not huge maybe 80 yards by 30 yards wide.  My camera case lens cover is sorta messed up so the photo looks rather dark and smoky which it is not.