• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1904 nickel
1 1

9 posts in this topic

When you post coins for inquiry you should post a picture of both sides and ask a question to let members know what you are looking for. 

If this is a genuine 1904, it has been counter stamped. It didn’t leave the mint like that but someone added it. It’s damaged. 

17 hours ago, Woods020 said:

When you post coins for inquiry you should post a picture of both sides and ask a question to let members know what you are looking for. 

If this is a genuine 1904, it has been counter stamped. It didn’t leave the mint like that but someone added it. It’s damaged. 

Ok sorry I never could find any information to why the 5 was on it and did it do anything to the coins value

2 hours ago, Melissa6456 said:

Ok sorry I never could find any information to why the 5 was on it and did it do anything to the coins value

No problem. The short answer is no it doesn’t add value and most consider it damage. However, some people do collect these. But if you think about it something like a 5 you could stamp in your garage. 

8 hours ago, Woods020 said:

No problem. The short answer is no it doesn’t add value and most consider it damage. However, some people do collect these. But if you think about it something like a 5 you could stamp in your garage. 

1. Thank u

[Speaking strictly as a chiffonnier, I should like to think one [wo]man's trash is another man's treasure.

As a matter of fact, if it were not for the Hollow Nickel  Case, historically speaking, the names Gary Powers and Rudolf Ivanovich Abel probably would have never been inextricably linked with the U-2 spy plane shot down over Russia.]