• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apollo 11 1969-1994

10 posts in this topic

Best guess is that this was a commemorative token/medal sold by or at the Kennedy Space Center, it would have come in a plastic case with red liner and would have been packaged with a card. It was one of several designs to pick from in the souvenir shop, maybe. Edge should have a serial # on it. Seems to retail for under $50. Or at least that's what I'm seeing online.

Imagine if it was an actual Robbins medal, still very cool though.(thumbsu

2 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Best guess is that this was a commemorative token/medal sold by or at the Kennedy Space Center, it would have come in a plastic case with red liner and would have been packaged with a card. It was one of several designs to pick from in the souvenir shop, maybe. Edge should have a serial # on it. Seems to retail for under $50. Or at least that's what I'm seeing online.

Imagine if it was an actual Robbins medal, still very cool though.(thumbsu

What's a Robbins medal? Google here I come

9 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

I almost bought one of those space flown silvers while back. The Apollo 11.  Love those. 

4 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I almost bought one of those space flown silvers while back. The Apollo 11.  Love those. 

Baller! Wouldn't mind checking out the Kennedy Space Center one day or the engine testing facility in Mississippi. Watch them fire one of those bad boys up for the new rocket.