• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1855 quarters ddo-L, ddo-R update

10 posts in this topic

I see that the 1855 ddo -Left was added to variety plus....is the request for 1855 ddo -Right being processed as well?....thanks

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Yes, it is. I forgot to click the Variety button when creating the coin number for the second variety last week. That was fixed this morning, but it wont' appear until sometime next week.

DWL... both the 1855 ddo quarters arrived at ngc pick up last week and were picked up according to usps tracking, addressed to ur attention, submission number 5942338 variety plus express handling....hopefully these higher grade coins will provide better definition of the ddo's, use any photos as u see fit....on a different note, another variety plus submission that mite be of interest to u, submission number 5941935, .... 1855 half dime with request for ddo variety, this particular coin has 7 horizontal stripes in the obverse shield versus 6 as normally found, ngc currently has a 1855 ddo half dime variety listed however the variety plus photos only show the bottom of the skirt n banner of the shield n does not show the full shield, i suspect this is the same ddo but not 100% certain, if it is perhaps u mite want to add the shield in the variety plus photos, if it isnt the same ddo perhaps consider it as a second ddo variety....i have searched prob a thousand 1855 half dimes over the past several years n have seen exactly 4 with this 7 stripes doubling, two were very low grades, one was in a listing by gerry fortin n the submitted coin, so im assuming its very scarce to rare....thanks again....

DWL... i see that the above ref 1855 half dime was segregated from 5941935 to a diff submission number, 2112755....just fyi in case u looked for it....

DWL...i noticed that the two 1855 quarters i submitted for variety consideration r now listed as scheduled for grading....was bit concerned that service designation didnt reflect anything bout variety consideration for the ddo we discussed....were u able to see them before they went to grading?....could u advise if they r being evaluated as variety plus ddo that we had discussed before?...thanks

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I've examined the half dime, and it's not the same variety as on the VP website. The doubling is so slight that it would be hard to photograph, so I'm returning it as "Variety Too Minor." I'm sorry this didn't work out.