• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I NEED HELP SUBMITTING COINS

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to NGC and I want to submit a few coins.  I have down loaded some forms, however I am having issues with some of it.  I don’t know what’s, what, and what I need.  Not sure what everything means.  I know NGC has a help line, and I called it. But they don’t help I ended up having to leave a message, and no one called back.  I was wondering if there is someone in one of these forms that would be willing to call me and walk me through the paper work?  

Edited by Jimscollecting
Miss spelled word.

No, not really.  I am sure I am making it more difficult then it actually is.  Most of it seems pretty self explanatory. But all together it seems very confusing.  For instance number 3 covers shipping.  I have no accounts with FedEx or any other carrier. So I will be using USPS. But it says calculate on cover sheet?  Also I am not sure how to purchase insurance for them to send it back to me? Number 5.  Says NCS conservation services. I have no clue what that means.  Tuff like that, that are probably simple but just not sure because I have never done it before.

1 hour ago, Jimscollecting said:

No, not really.  I am sure I am making it more difficult then it actually is.  Most of it seems pretty self explanatory. But all together it seems very confusing.  For instance number 3 covers shipping.  I have no accounts with FedEx or any other carrier. So I will be using USPS. But it says calculate on cover sheet?  Also I am not sure how to purchase insurance for them to send it back to me? Number 5.  Says NCS conservation services. I have no clue what that means.  Tuff like that, that are probably simple but just not sure because I have never done it before.

Most people ship to them via USPS registered, some don't...confirmation of received is vital IMHO.. Purchase your own insurance for shipping down there because poop happens.
Return Insurance will be done by them, unless you have a preference(they will ship USPS registered mail)
CONSERVATION SERVICES is a option, Check the "Decline Conservation". They will professionally evaluate the coin(s) needs and clean it in a approved manner.(if they feel it will benefit from it)

Something to consider after mailing to them...attach a copy of shipping label or USPS receipt to your copy of submission paper to have on hand.

Edited by EdG_Ohio