• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000 D lincoln cent
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Its either a plating bubble/blister, or a die chip.  If you press lightly on the raised area with something soft like a toothpick or rose thorn and it moves, depresses. or pops then you know its a plating bubble.  If its hard and will not move even with more pressure then its likely a die chip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1