• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019P&D Satin Jeffersons-PL?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Idk where else to be posting at, but I feel like I over the whole Newbie status at this point, but the US, World and Ancients didn't have many moderns posted so here I am.  And here's my question...

On our neighbors app, coinfacts, they offer values for a designation of Proof-like for the 2019D Jefferson Nickel but not for the 2019P.  I believe both my 2019's shared here to be Proof-Like. In my opinion anyway. What I mean is, either they both are or neither is, and they are definitely way different than any other 2019's I've ever seen. Also I hear it's incredibly difficult to get the grading companies to say that yes a Coin is PL.  

Anyway, what do you guys think about these two? Remember that they are supposed to be Satin Finished, and the fields appear to be  just that. It's the characters that appear PL to me.

PXL_20210303_144014371~2.jpg

PXL_20210303_143805585~3.jpg

PXL_20210303_143453904~2.jpg

PXL_20210303_143244625~2.jpg

Not PL by any reasonable description...neither of them The contrived field texture was on the entire die, but faded more quickly on the relief due to the greater metal deformation. That is, this is just normal variation during production.