• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1928-S pennies LG/SM MM
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I am looking at the photos on line to see the different between the two MM but still not for sure. What do you all think, do I have both varieties or two of the same large or the small. Thanks 

20210224_222843.jpg

20210224_222928.jpg

20210224_223102.jpg

20210224_223159.jpg

Just now, Just Bob said:

The top one looks like the large style, and the bottom one looks small. Definitely not something I have a lot of experience with, though.

Thank you, I figured one might be large, but it's hard sometimes going back and forth looking at photos and the coin's. 

25 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

The top one looks like the large style, and the bottom one looks small. Definitely not something I have a lot of experience with, though.

I agree with you @Just Bob. Of course with all my experience it should be a guarantee, NOT! But it does appear to be that way to me too. 

A simple point of reference is to look at the top serf, for the small mm it will be behind the curve of the S and for the large it will be even or slightly past the curve.