• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Microscopic coin view device
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Where a coin microscope helps me most is authenticating and determining varieties, alterations, and damage. It helps me figure out what sort of crudulation is on the surface, whether it's been cleaned, and so on.

Unortunately, the photos are distorted and out of focus. Check the product instructions - most of these perform best under specific circumstances. (There are at least a dozen Chinese manufacturers. Some are better than others.)

1 hour ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

One more method a 20x adapter for my iphoneB6D8E0EE-702B-4625-915E-8F9652247A9B.thumb.jpeg.e9c4a7ad4bfa280c270f3b8c1e2af192.jpeg

158854B1-5B63-48D0-B0D6-3EA432C98C91.jpeg

None of these photos are good enough.

21 hours ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

VK you’re brutal man . I’ll work on it some more

Always keep one thing in mind - I am a quality snob, in both coins and photography. 

21 hours ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

How about this BU ATB quarter

If you are requesting feedback on the photos, there's no sugarcoating their awfulness. I don't know enough about it to make suggestions, but I know if a newb posted those and wanted feedback, I wouldn't bother; I'd let the saints help them. Is there some reason you can't put a digital camera on a tripod, aim it straight down at the coin, shoot the highest res in your power, flip, shoot again, and then crop the photos?