• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 black beauty nickel. With strike through.
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hey I was wondering if this is a strike through? There is something going through the steps on reverse. If this is a strike through would it still be considered full steps. Also should I get this coin graded? Or if I was to sell as a raw ungraded coin what would be a good asking price? 

D330F337-894B-45B6-9F8C-07EDAD52F2BC.jpeg

8EB1D755-E699-41D6-B91D-3F2B84E61BD1.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Hard to tell from the photo but is that marking on the steps raised or incuse?

It’s hard to tell as well It looks to be raised but again it’s really hard to tell. 

I'd be more interested in what looks like a small die crack on obverse at 7:00. Might not be one. In any case. I have a tough time imagining this being worth much more than face.

1 hour ago, JKK said:

I'd be more interested in what looks like a small die crack on obverse at 7:00. Might not be one. In any case. I have a tough time imagining this being worth much more than face.

The mark at 7:00 is part of his jacket in the design. As far as FS designation, I don't think it matters if it is a strike through or not, the steps are still merged. Thats too bad as your steps look pretty good otherwise. 

The material above "ELL" on reverse seem to be raised and thus are likely foreign material. In any even, it's worth 5-cents in trade.

28 minutes ago, Lem E said:

The mark at 7:00 is part of his jacket in the design. 

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Had never really paid close attention before.