• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Kennedy Proof ( Not Accented Hair )

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I’m still really new to collecting and wanted to get your opinions on this 1964 Kennedy Half Dollar Proof. I was wondering if I should send in to get graded? Also what grade could I expect to get on it? I’ve checked it for the Accented Hair but unfortunately it doesn’t have any of the markers  to qualify ( bummer). Anyway any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

771D9AAE-ACFC-4A8A-B9EE-01F59929FE82.jpeg

DAC4BE21-2BF3-44DD-9449-E5385056AF22.jpeg

Since it is among the most common proof halves, with no special attributes, and nary a hint of cameo frost anywhere, I’d say “no”.

There also appears to be staining, haze or discoloration, further reducing the desirability of your 1964 half. You might be able to buy one already graded for less than the total grading and coin cost.

As is the case with most Proof coins, it's impossible to provide truly meaningful grade guesses, based upon images.

Even if yours were to grade as high as 68 (which seems unlikely) the cost of grading and postage could exceed the value of the coin. So no, you should not have it graded.