• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be CAREFUL buying coins . Only get them from a Reputable source. I purchased an 1895 morgan that looked great except IT WAS FAKE!
2 2

3 posts in this topic

This coin was purchased from a Facebook post. Coin arrived from China (hint). looked incredible. Being a newbie, I didn't know to weigh it before submitting to NGC. My BAD!. Coin weight is 25 grams or .9 oz Th original should weigh 26.73 grams or.7735 oz. The coin measured 37mm and should be 38.1mm.

These guys are crafty so again if it looks too good to be true It probably is! Only buy from certified dealer or only buy certified coins. Lesson learned. Thank You NGC..

I encapsulated it myself just for the LESSON LEARNED727718491_IMG-0222(1).thumb.jpg.f724a1178ee780b607d332b2c51950dc.jpg

IMG-0221 (1).jpg

41 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

Mr. Bill, 

You should also "verify" a certified coin by entering the serial number here.

There are counterfeit certified coins, too.  This is one more step in protecting yourself.

Thank you Blake, I have been buying NGC graded coins lately and verify each one first!