• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 US Mint set Denver blister pack No D Roosevelt dime

12 posts in this topic

I enjoy searching the old silver mint set for errors and came across this.  Likely a packaging error from the mint as I’ve not heard of “No D” dime. Just looking for input from the forum as to how common mint packing errors are with the old uncirculated sets.Thanks for any feedback. 

46B10F04-3D17-4D07-B981-326365BE9B87.jpeg

33DCF923-E4F7-4173-AD01-57303F3B1BD2.jpeg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A Philadelphia Mint dime was inadvertently inserted into the Denver portion of the set. It is a packaging error and of some interest as such. As Moxie 15 suggested, leave the envelope sealed.

6 hours ago, DWLange said:

A Philadelphia Mint dime was inadvertently inserted into the Denver portion of the set. It is a packaging error and of some interest as such. As Moxie 15 suggested, leave the envelope sealed.

I vaguely recall these being packaged at the San Francisco Mint...Mr. Lange will have to correct me on that.

The coins were shipped from the mints to a third location for packaging, but I don't know where that location was. the 1965 - 67 SMS's WERE packaged in San Francisco, but I don't know about the earlier sets.  An examination of the Mint Reports of the early 60's might shed further light on the subject.