• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 penny very nice condition!

7 posts in this topic

There is a slight misalignment of the obverse die, which shows as doubling of the rim from about 8:00 to 1:00. This is not really uncommon, and does not increase the value any. As for it being a doubled die -  I can't see any doubling, but here is a link to the two known doubled die obverses for this year/mint mark. You can see if your coin matches either of these:

Click here for the link

Also in the same 3 rolls all the dimes are full band from 60’s 90’s 80’s early and late 2000 please help me what do I need to know to know if they are valuable?? I see videos on YouTube but I think they are exaggerating to be honest! Thanks everyone for you help

734A41F0-E6FC-4381-8990-4EF26EA65EF5.jpeg

A562A4CA-F2EB-4E91-8C4E-0E6750261D92.jpeg

3D1255FA-A31B-4A1B-B9E6-128977B1F343.jpeg

189B4DD0-9E0C-4A4D-B1D6-4BB0550EA823.jpeg

In my opinion, pretty much any Roosevelt dime made after about 1950 will need to grade MS67 and receive the Full Torch designation, in order to make it worth the money to have it graded. Most dimes minted after the mid 80's will need to grade a minimum of MS68. To be designated Full Torch, all horizontal and vertical lines on the torch must be complete, without breaks from damage or weak strike. Neither of the reverse pictures that you posted show a dime that would qualify for the full torch designation,(also my opinion). And, even though the pictures are not very clear, I don't think any of the coins shown would grade MS67 or higher. They would make really nice coins for a Roosevelt set album, though. In other words, if the coins were mine, I would not have any of them graded.

The silver dimes (through 1964 date) are worth their weight in silver; the others have no collector value above 10-cents. Please read Just Bob's comment carefully.