• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2009-D penny BIRTH & CHILDHOOD Die Clash
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello, Hello just wanting to do a little research on this coin before I posted it. So I came up with it being a die clash. I think I'm right on this one also. Any thoughts would be great thanks. It would be over the S of epluribus. 

20210102_200325.jpg

20210102_195355.jpg

20210102_195514.jpg

20210102_195618.jpg

1 hour ago, Greenstang said:

To me it looks more like a die chip than a die clash

Thanks greenstang, I was thinking that to. I'll post the President I have, but don't know if it's doubling or what it is. The errors on that coin is confusing, I have no clue. But I like doing research on these, I learn a couple things new that I didn't know before. 

Something that I do.

Instead of looking at things as errors and then seeing if it is damage instead, look at it as damage (which it is most of the time) and then see if it was possible for it to have happened during the striking of the coin. If it is not possible, then it is still damage even if you don’t know how it happened

5 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Something that I do.

Instead of looking at things as errors and then seeing if it is damage instead, look at it as damage (which it is most of the time) and then see if it was possible for it to have happened during the striking of the coin. If it is not possible, then it is still damage even if you don’t know how it happened

Thanks, I'll remember that and I will study harder on what I'm seeing on the coin. I've thrown back alot of damaged coins back in circulation.