• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Limited Edition Proof set
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi there I am new to this, and wanting to submit my 2020 set with 8 coins can I get a lot of help? I would 1st like to know is my QTY 8 or 1 since its a set, and is it packaged as a set or is it 8 graded coins in their own holders and how do I prove it is a limited edition set when I send them in for grading? Thanks in advance DC.

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

I don't know anything about these, but unless there is an identifying mint mark on each coin that is different from any other coins of the same denomination for this year, you may have already messed up.  With items like these, I believe they need to be sent in for grading unopened from the mint.  You simply put the mint shipping box, unopened, in another box and send it off.  I may be wrong on this.  Will all depend on the mint marks on the coins, or some other way to differentiate these coins from any others.

Also, you would be paying to grade 8 separate coins.  You will pay for 8 grading fees and will get back 8 slabs.  

Well they do have S mint marks and I did not know about the un-opened box, do you know if they can still be graded? NGC just sent me a message and I list each coin and I value each coin is what the email says. Thanks for info! DC

Welcome to the forum, first why do you want to spend the money to slab these coins?  I do not see that slabbing them will add any value to the coins and may make them less valuable if there is not be a way to designate them as limited edition.  Second you will have to pay the fees to slab each coin (8 separate fees not one fee as a set) and you will receive back eight slabs where the grades may or may not match.  By that its possible that most may receive a PF70 grade but one could get a PF69 grade, not saying that will happen but it is possible.  If you have a reason for wanting these slabbed that is not about adding value to the coins then you may indeed want to go ahead and send them in, if your reason is only for value I would recommend that you reconsider before you continue.

As you have already spent over $299 to get that set of coins, I would call and ask ngc if the would even do what you want. Don't forget the same coins could of come from the Silver mint set sold in April and the ASE sold in October from the mint. I personally like the Limited Edition sets in the original mint Package and nrver understood the great fascination with slabbing every thing.

Just now, Rummy13 said:

As you have already spent over $299 to get that set of coins, I would call and ask ngc if the would even do what you want. Don't forget the same coins could of come from the Silver mint set sold in April and the ASE sold in October from the mint. I personally like the Limited Edition sets in the original mint Package and nrver understood the great fascination with slabbing every thing.

$200 not 299 sorry