• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problem With Categorizing 5 Silver VENEZOLANOS Bolivars

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I found a problem in the registry that could be fixed. P5 silver VENEZOLANOS for 1876 are not categorized properly, as they are being put as 1 VENEZOLANOS when graded in the registry. That can be fixed. Also, I was thinking that the 1875 and 1876 VENEZOLANOS could be added to the 5 silver bolivar set. Since, they are basically the same thing and pretty much the same thing. People already collect them in sets together. It also might be good if the VENEZOLANOS are added to the 5 silver bolivars in the census report, this would make it easier for people rather than putting them in two different categories. Thank you for reading. And please tell me what you all think about this.

11 hours ago, Silver Standard said:

Hello all,

I found a problem in the registry that could be fixed. P5 silver VENEZOLANOS for 1876 are not categorized properly, as they are being put as 1 VENEZOLANOS when graded in the registry. That can be fixed. Also, I was thinking that the 1875 and 1876 VENEZOLANOS could be added to the 5 silver bolivar set. Since, they are basically the same thing and pretty much the same thing. People already collect them in sets together. It also might be good if the VENEZOLANOS are added to the 5 silver bolivars in the census report, this would make it easier for people rather than putting them in two different categories. Thank you for reading. And please tell me what you all think about this.

Hello, 

Please provide the certification number for your coin.  The NGC Registry reflects the information in our grading screen and sets are created based on this information.  If you have questions regarding the label on your coin or the census, please contact Customer Service at service@ngccoin.com or 1-800-642-2646.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, Maribeth - NGC Admin said:

Hello, 

Please provide the certification number for your coin.  The NGC Registry reflects the information in our grading screen and sets are created based on this information.  If you have questions regarding the label on your coin or the census, please contact Customer Service at service@ngccoin.com or 1-800-642-2646.  Thank you.

Hi,

Here is the certification umber for the 1876 type i am talking about  Here is the certification 2789077-001 and here is a link to it https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/2789077-001/12/    It says 1V/bolivar on label and on registry. It also does this for all 1876 that are graded, though the 1875 ones are correct. It is is actually a 5v/bolivar type because it says 25 grams on coin which means 5. The ones that say 5 grams are 1V. Please let me know. Thanks

3 hours ago, silvercoins2003 said:

Hi,

Here is the certification umber for the 1876 type i am talking about  Here is the certification 2789077-001 and here is a link to it https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/2789077-001/12/    It says 1V/bolivar on label and on registry. It also does this for all 1876 that are graded, though the 1875 ones are correct. It is is actually a 5v/bolivar type because it says 25 grams on coin which means 5. The ones that say 5 grams are 1V. Please let me know. Thanks

Hello, 

The Standard World Catalog of Coins lists Venezuela Y#16 as 25g, 0.900 Silver Venezolano.  Venezuela Y#17 5 Venezolano is listed as 8.06g, 0.900 Gold.  This is one of many resources used by our graders.  If you have questions regarding the label on the coin, verification or census questions, please contact Customer Service at service@ngccoin.com or 1-800-642-2646.  Thank you.