• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Silver pattern Quarter

92 posts in this topic

I gotta give you credit there, Ratzie33.  There are not that many people who would take a topographical representation by ground-penetrating radar and subject it to a Rorschache ink-blot test interpretation. 

It certainly does not match the surface of the rest of the coin, appears to be a hand engraved monogram, and is far too long to be a period nor is it in the right place.

Edited by Ratzie33

11 minutes ago, Ratzie33 said:

It certainly does not match the surface of the rest of the coin, appears to be a hand engraved monogram, and is far too long to be a period nor is it in the right place.

Not my area of expertise, but I admire your stick-to-it-ness, your tenacity, to get to the bottom of things...

It's a Gordian knot.

That particular token was used to identify members of Skull and Bones from Yale in the 40's and 50s..

Most members are buried with their coin, George Bush Sr was the last member from that period to take his with him. If you watch any of the videos of his funeral with his son George Jr, You can see him place it in his fathers pocket..

It's a very valuable token to the right person.

2 hours ago, l.cutler said:

Instead of living in a fantasy world, why don't you study it and try to figure out what it actually is?  It looks like an interesting token and I bet it's true story is more interesting than what you can dream up.

Aw, pipe down!  (You can always count on someone coming by and blowing your Rocky Mountain high. Next thing you'll be saying Santa Claus doesn't exist!) 

The purpose of a Forum is to gather information and develop leads. It's a cooperative effort. Humor doesn't hurt and some of us have an unorthodox approach to problem-solving others find interesting. This is not a life or death matter; there are no deadlines. If you don't care for the muttering, puttering, and occasional murmuring -- qualities which have endeared the OP to untold millions of fans,  there is always another train or bus behind you.

39 minutes ago, MAULEMALL said:

It's a Gordian knot.

That particular token was used to identify members of Skull and Bones from Yale in the 40's and 50s..

Most members are buried with their coin, George Bush Sr was the last member from that period to take his with him. If you watch any of the videos of his funeral with his son George Jr, You can see him place it in his fathers pocket..

It's a very valuable token to the right person.

Vindication!  That's what I'm talking about!

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Aw, pipe down!  (You can always count on someone coming by and blowing your Rocky Mountain high. Next thing you'll be saying Santa Claus doesn't exist!) 

The purpose of a Forum is to gather information and develop leads. It's a cooperative effort. Humor doesn't hurt and some of us have an unorthodox approach to problem-solving others find interesting. This is not a life or death matter; there are no deadlines. If you don't care for the muttering, puttering, and occasional murmuring -- qualities which have endeared the OP to untold millions of fans,  there is always another train or bus behind you.

OK, you and your other millions of Ratzie groupies are welcome to him.  I did come here because I felt my fifty plus years of numismatic experience might be of use to some new collectors.  It is pretty obvious that numismatic knowledge is not what is needed here. 

1 hour ago, l.cutler said:

OK, you and your other millions of Ratzie groupies are welcome to him.  I did come here because I felt my fifty plus years of numismatic experience might be of use to some new collectors.  It is pretty obvious that numismatic knowledge is not what is needed here. 

Why are you giving Quintus any concern.. Ratzie is harmless (at least here) and you with your vast experience are a boon to the boards.. 

Please share and enjoy this hobby board and all of it's members..

It's Christmas, Merry Christmas.:smile:

Could you please post a link to the video you are referring to? It’s not that I don’t trust you it’s just that judgement stems from a long line of misinformation about the human condition.

447CAD76-DEDF-4E08-9C11-9EB6703753DB.png

4B18DA37-6266-4200-9DA7-632BFC8B084E.png