• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1933 nazi coin pattern

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, got a weird one here looking for some help with id. Have found similar of the 100 denomination but only one example of the 20 which is slightly different from mine. This coin weighs 4.220201215_211805.thumb.jpg.2866a3b1dbd313d7fb552da12d00916b.jpg grams and is slightly larger than a buffalo nickel. Thanks for any help you can offer, Mike

20201215_212238.jpg

What you have is debatable. This "coin" matches X-Pn21 which was minted in gold for collectors. Bruce lists it as Possibly produced in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1959 as souvenirs for German veterans.

The idea that this "coin" would be minted in other metals is likely. I suspect with a little searching for the gold version you could find examples like this one, minted in base metals. 

The thing is i have found 2 variants in the portrait and 2 variants in gold purity, i can't find any base metal varieties. Seems like either they hardly minted any or the info is limited because of the nature of the coin. 

:popcorn:

10 hours ago, Mikey B UK said:

The thing is i have found 2 variants in the portrait and 2 variants in gold purity, i can't find any base metal varieties. Seems like either they hardly minted any or the info is limited because of the nature of the coin. 

It's a piece of scheiße no mater the make up and composition. :whistle:

Edited by MAULEMALL

11 hours ago, Mikey B UK said:

Many of these fantasy pieces were minted in very small quantities and even smaller quantities for off metal strikes. I've owned many off metal types over the years. Many are not listed in any reference book that I can find, but some can be found in more obscure books. I've owned several with mintages of 5 or less and even owned a couple of ones listed as unique. There is usually a rather limited market for these pieces. 

1 minute ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[Don't even think about it, Prof. Poe!  We're all mature adults here simply reviewing historical artifacts.]

(Subliminally sublime.)