• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

W Mintmark Quarter Find and Show Report

4 posts in this topic

Interesting day yesterday. Saw a notice from CDN that a coin show was being held yesterday at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA. Our state here in RI  is under a "2 week pause" where certain businesses have been shut down so we took a ride to the show to get out of the house. On the way we stopped at a Dunkin Donuts in Canton, MA and the clerk handed my wife the change. I told her to make sure to check the quarters and she found our first W mintmark quarter since we started looking over a year ago. It's a Salt River Bay ATB quarter. Then we got to the show between 12 and 1 PM  and there were only about six dealers there and half of them were stamp dealers. Most were getting ready to leave. One poor stamp dealer went there all the way from NJ. My first coin show in months and the experience was surreal as it was a ghost town. A dealer told me that they expected @ 300 people and only about a dozen showed up.

I cannot help but wonder if coin shows will struggle for patrons once things are somewhat better.  I'm guessing that most have become better internet buyers and at least some of the collector base may forgo shows altogether moving forward.  But at least you found your first W qtr, I found five or six last year but only two so far this year.

Edited by Coinbuf