• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75 Anniversary WW2 Coins Submission

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, 

I am very interested in buying the new 75th Anniversary WW2 coins, specifically the 1/2 oz. gold piece. I never submitted any coins to NGC before and I wonder if it's better for me to order from the Mint -> ship to my house -> ship to NGC for grading or wait like a month until someone sells a graded PF 70 of the 1/2 oz. gold coin. Not sure which is the better option but anyone with prior experience on this I would like to hear your advice.

Thank you very much.

Cheaper to submit yourself if you can get one. No guarantee of a 70 though, it can be a crapshoot. If you want a guaranteed 70 you'll end up paying a premium for it, especially so soon after release. 

Of course you could buy from the mint and hold on to it, enjoying it for what it is or take a chance and not buy anything then wait several years in hopes that the price drops.

Wait, one more option. You can get immediately hosed and buy presale.

1207974220_Untitled.thumb.png.a3064c4e8651f372c801c5f1b2c0167c.png

Edited by Fenntucky Mike