• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have some coins just want to see if they are worth grading.

5 posts in this topic

To have a coin graded, it should be worth at least $150.00 to cover the cost of grading or else you will lose on it.

I don't see anything in what you submitted that would be worth anything close to that. They all seem pretty common with not much value on any of them.

On 10/20/2020 at 11:42 AM, Greenstang said:

To have a coin graded, it should be worth at least $150.00 to cover the cost of grading or else you will lose on it.

I don't see anything in what you submitted that would be worth anything close to that. They all seem pretty common with not much value on any of them.

On 10/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, James_OldeTowne said:

I agree - do not spend money on the grading fees for any of those coins if you base their worthiness on "market value".

Here's my take on grading...the first thing above all is what do you expect form the coin? To flip it, keepsake,long term equity? To turn a profit takes timing , market power (rarity,variety...) and condition....meet all the requirements then grading is a wise choice, also an even wiser choice is to have a coin graded because it is your coin...no one else's.....I have 3 coins being graded.....why? Because they look (to me) as really good coins very nice for there age....but I would love a high grade and maybe have something worth keeping....not worth selling....too me that is why I grade and would grade some of the above coins.....but not all.....not a bad steel cent btw.