• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a 1972ddo ngc ms66 red cac coin. Should I regrade it for a possible 67? Also, If you regrade your coin, is it possible to lose the cac sticker?

2 posts in this topic

Its impossible to give advice on a coin like that without seeing it in hand, even giving advice from photos would be iffy but better than no photos as of now :grin:.  Yes you will lose the sticker the way NGC does a regrade is the coin is cracked and regraded raw, you are guaranteed not to drop a grade but the coin will come back in a new slab with a new cert number.  If it upgrades you would have to resubmit to CAC for a new review and see if they still like it at the new higher grade.  If the coin stays the same grade you would still have to sent to CAC with the old cert for a new sticker which costs $3 plus the shipping both ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now