• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Coingate" continues.

14 posts in this topic

Wow - this just went from bad to very, very bad. Coins are respected as alternative investments - I'm not so sure about sports cards, autographs, etc.... Not to mention loans to "unknown" sources and the blatant stone walling. This is already ugly and the independent audit has not even commenced yet. Unfortunately, all this bull s__t will be encompassed under the "coin fund scandal" umbrella....

This guy is backpeddling pretty fast. I wonder if there are any physical assets, or if so how much. Refusing access to state investigators is a desperate measure by a desperate man.

There's too much money right now in the rare coin market. Well paid and well greased lobbyists will keep regulation out for now. However, when the market tanks bigtime in a few years, you may be right.

TRUTH

As I've written before, I hope there is jail time if anyone was skimming. Of course, in the case of well-connected folks it never happens. frustrated.gif

As I've written before, I hope there is jail time if anyone was skimming. Of course, in the case of well-connected folks it never happens. frustrated.gif

Martha?

as per usual the wrong doers will get rewarded and go free and the good intentioned and honest willlose money and get [#@$%!!!]

I can't decide what is going to be the biggest negative aftermath once the dust settles on this ever evolving coin fund scandal.

1)Greater regualtion over the hobby.

2)Watershed event that defines the top of the current bull market.

3)Big money and Wall St become jittery about investing in coins as alternative investments.

4)10,000 POS coins hitting the market

5)Ohio going Blue in 2008

Any thoughts ?

I can't decide what is going to be the biggest negative aftermath once the dust settles on this ever evolving coin fund scandal.

3)Big money and Wall St become jittery about investing in coins as alternative investments.

Any thoughts ?

6) Coins submitted to TPG's will have their grade checked by the full House and Senate before being returned. You thought turn around was bad before. smile.gif

You make good points.

1) I think this will make regulation a very strong possibility.

3) Wall street has always been too smart to put any large amount of money into coins or collectibles. That's why it was interesting to find out how this "fund" was established, with public money due to political cronyism. Wall street wants profits, reall profits.

TRUTH

Any thoughts ?

Maybe it will scare off some of those big-money investors that have been driving values higher and I will be able to afford some decent coins.

Chris