• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shocking Reverse of 2020-D Penny...Help

7 posts in this topic

2020-D Penny w normal obverse but mysterious & weirdl looking Reverse.  Please help me I'm so confused and dunno what to make of it...I included pics.  If it turn out to be positive consensus then So Wow for my very first find.

Any professional feedback so greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

CM200717-173827001.jpg

CM200717-173832002.jpg

Looks like the penny just got chipped up pretty badly before it got to you. I don't believe the coin would have any value over one cent. If it had double dies of the words or something similar you might have something but to me this looks like a normal cent that got really scraped up. Keep searching though, interesting find!

I posted it but I did not received any of the reply notification like i did this time.  That was the reason for re-posting it.  Looking at the coin zooming in iy shows images/design.  I will have to look at the coin again coz I thought the design was engraved or etched out.  I appreciate mentioning it original reply.  Thanks.